Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Reflecting your True self

 Everyday we look at our reflection in the mirror. Most of the time, we are looking at our physical appearance. We are trying to discern if our outfit, hair, and makeup look the way we want it to look. Have you ever looked in the mirror and locked eyes with yourself? It tends to give people an uncomfortable feeling and some may feel confident while doing so.  For my portrait series, I decided to take pictures of friends looking into a mirror. I wanted to capture some of the different emotions and feelings they had toward their true selves. Some smiled, while others showed a little glimpse of their personality. I thought this was a great series, and really enjoyed photographing my friends. 







I really wanted to keep the theme of a darker and more personal feel to the photos. I brought the contrast up in all the pictures and really made the focus on the subject. 


5 comments:

  1. This is a really cool concept. I love using mirrors or reflections' and you executed this idea really well. I appreciate how the models are all in the same spot all having the same lighting. This makes this assignment very cohesive, nice work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the emotions you were able to capture through the mirror, as well as the lighting you used. You were able to have a soft glow while still having them be under a spotlight

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it especially the tone of it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool idea and verry well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A unique idea to use the mirror reflection. The colors are nice and subtle, very well executed.

    ReplyDelete

Reflecting Natures Beauty

The moments that I spend in fields, mountains, by any body of waters, or hiking trails, I feel at peace as I am surrounded by natures beauty...